Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Newbie question about installation

Hi,

I have just downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and am trying to run the setup. I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 and I have received an error message saying that my operating system does not meet Service Pack level requirements. The documentation on the website shows that my service pack level is correct. Additionally the message suggests that I install the service pack from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50380 but when I select that I get transferred to another web page which is unrelated.

Any ideas?

Did you install the .NET Framework on the machine (.NET 2.0 with additional fixes) ?

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

I have seen a couple of people asking this question about the service pack, and it was already loaded on... One of the solutions that has been found is to re run the service pack install on the machine, I would try that.

|||Thanks for the suggestion. I have rerun the download and this time I have had no problem.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment