Friday, March 30, 2012

Newbie question on replication failiure

Hi,
Replication to a MS-access database fails last week.
It has always been working, but now I get this message:
DISTRIBUTION AGENT ERROR
Error : The process could not connect to Subscriber 'MAB-EC-NW'.
Error information: Microsoft JET Database Engine (number = -534709256)
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'\\Server\Ok2\MA\SQL-SERVER\MABDAT-EC.mdb'. It is already opened
exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
I am working on a single server with 1 SQL-database:
I does replication to a MS-Access dababase on the server.
The SQL-server (2000) is running on a NT-server.
It seems to me that the problem is could be caused by 2 reasons:
a lock by another user: but ik can open the file MABDAT-EC.mdb' using
MS-Access.
a problem with the permissions on the server, but what kind of permissions
and where to check.
SQL-server is new to me, and I just started my job in this company, so all
help I can get is welcome.
Thank in advance.
Johan
Hi Johan
Pls check the user permission in the sql server users tab.
Regards
Nirvan Biswas
"Johan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Replication to a MS-access database fails last week.
> It has always been working, but now I get this message:
>
> DISTRIBUTION AGENT ERROR
> Error : The process could not connect to Subscriber 'MAB-EC-NW'.
>
> Error information: Microsoft JET Database Engine (number = -534709256)
>
> The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
> '\\Server\Ok2\MA\SQL-SERVER\MABDAT-EC.mdb'. It is already opened
> exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
>
> I am working on a single server with 1 SQL-database:
> I does replication to a MS-Access dababase on the server.
> The SQL-server (2000) is running on a NT-server.
>
> It seems to me that the problem is could be caused by 2 reasons:
> a lock by another user: but ik can open the file MABDAT-EC.mdb' using
> MS-Access.
> a problem with the permissions on the server, but what kind of permissions
> and where to check.
>
> SQL-server is new to me, and I just started my job in this company, so all
> help I can get is welcome.
>
> Thank in advance.
> Johan
>
>
>
|||Nirvan,
Thanks for the reply,
The problem seems to be that the administrator password was changed on the
server.
When removing the password from the administrator account on the server (NT)
replication does work. When a password is set on the administrator account,
replication fails, so it seems that authentation is the problem.
After changing the administrator password on the server, SQL-server didn't
start up. So i temporary removed the administrator password to start
SQL-server and placed the password back.
Where do I have to make changes in SQL interprise manager, to solve the
problem with the administrator password?
Regards
Johan
"Nirvan Biswas" <yourdisplayname@.discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in
bericht news:642517C8-9614-4706-9256-4345DFBCA58A@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Johan
>
> Pls check the user permission in the sql server users tab.
> Regards
> Nirvan Biswas
> "Johan" wrote:
permissions[vbcol=seagreen]
all[vbcol=seagreen]

No comments:

Post a Comment