Friday, March 30, 2012

newbie question on DTS

Hi,
I am trying to create a DTS package to transfer tables and views from SQL
Server to MySQL, the tables and views I want to transfer do not exist in
MySQL yet. In DTS designer I created the connections to SQL server and
MySQL server without problems, then tried to use "Data Transform Task" to
transfer, the problem I have, "Data Transform Task" tries to map tables
from SQL Server to the tables in MySQL, that defies my whole purpose.
Please help! I am using SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition.
I may be incorrect on this, but I don't think that you can transfer objects
(i.e., table schema) to other vendors' databases.
That would require that the DTS Import/Export Wizard have intimate knowledge
of each vendors permutation of the SQL DDL.
Of course, as inferred above, I haven't attempted to transfer objects to
MySQL. I would expect the DTS Export Wizard to provide me the option to
transfer the table as well as the data IF it were possible.
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc
Most good judgment comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgment.
- Anonymous
You can't help someone get up a hill without getting a little closer to the
top yourself.
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf
"Raymond Du" <rdrd@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eTEI4moBHHA.4024@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I am trying to create a DTS package to transfer tables and views from SQL
> Server to MySQL, the tables and views I want to transfer do not exist in
> MySQL yet. In DTS designer I created the connections to SQL server and
> MySQL server without problems, then tried to use "Data Transform Task" to
> transfer, the problem I have, "Data Transform Task" tries to map tables
> from SQL Server to the tables in MySQL, that defies my whole purpose.
> Please help! I am using SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment