Monday, March 26, 2012

newbie Question - Grouping charts?

Hi - can anyone help me with the best way to group & repeat charts?
The scenario is that I have 3 different CPU capacity report charts ran on 20
different servers & I want to group the reports together by server so it
will look like:
Server1
CPU Chart1
CPU Chart2
CPUChart3
Server2
CPUChart1
CPUChart2
CPUChart3
......
I can set up grouping by server on a table & produce the CPUReport1 chart
for each server but I cannot add CPUReport2 to the table as it is based on a
different dataset.
I'm sure there must be a technique to do this kinda thing but I haven't been
using reporting services for long & I can't figure it out!
Any ideas much appreciated!
Thanks
Mike KneeDid you tried subreport? that will solve this kind of requirement.
"Michael Knee" wrote:
> Hi - can anyone help me with the best way to group & repeat charts?
> The scenario is that I have 3 different CPU capacity report charts ran on 20
> different servers & I want to group the reports together by server so it
> will look like:
> Server1
> CPU Chart1
> CPU Chart2
> CPUChart3
> Server2
> CPUChart1
> CPUChart2
> CPUChart3
> ......
> I can set up grouping by server on a table & produce the CPUReport1 chart
> for each server but I cannot add CPUReport2 to the table as it is based on a
> different dataset.
> I'm sure there must be a technique to do this kinda thing but I haven't been
> using reporting services for long & I can't figure it out!
> Any ideas much appreciated!
> Thanks
> Mike Knee
>
>|||Cool - I will give that a look, thanks
"Bava Mani" <BavaMani@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:82B6ABAF-AE51-44B8-8BA5-FABDF26DDB48@.microsoft.com...
> Did you tried subreport? that will solve this kind of requirement.
> "Michael Knee" wrote:
>> Hi - can anyone help me with the best way to group & repeat charts?
>> The scenario is that I have 3 different CPU capacity report charts ran on
>> 20
>> different servers & I want to group the reports together by server so it
>> will look like:
>> Server1
>> CPU Chart1
>> CPU Chart2
>> CPUChart3
>> Server2
>> CPUChart1
>> CPUChart2
>> CPUChart3
>> ......
>> I can set up grouping by server on a table & produce the CPUReport1 chart
>> for each server but I cannot add CPUReport2 to the table as it is based
>> on a
>> different dataset.
>> I'm sure there must be a technique to do this kinda thing but I haven't
>> been
>> using reporting services for long & I can't figure it out!
>> Any ideas much appreciated!
>> Thanks
>> Mike Knee
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment