Friday, March 30, 2012

newbie question on DTS

Hi,
I am trying to create a DTS package to transfer tables and views from SQL
Server to MySQL, the tables and views I want to transfer do not exist in
MySQL yet. In DTS designer I created the connections to SQL server and
MySQL server without problems, then tried to use "Data Transform Task" to
transfer, the problem I have, "Data Transform Task" tries to map tables
from SQL Server to the tables in MySQL, that defies my whole purpose.
Please help! I am using SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition.I may be incorrect on this, but I don't think that you can transfer objects
(i.e., table schema) to other vendors' databases.
That would require that the DTS Import/Export Wizard have intimate knowledge
of each vendors permutation of the SQL DDL.
Of course, as inferred above, I haven't attempted to transfer objects to
MySQL. I would expect the DTS Export Wizard to provide me the option to
transfer the table as well as the data IF it were possible.
--
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc
Most good judgment comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgment.
- Anonymous
You can't help someone get up a hill without getting a little closer to the
top yourself.
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf
"Raymond Du" <rdrd@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eTEI4moBHHA.4024@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I am trying to create a DTS package to transfer tables and views from SQL
> Server to MySQL, the tables and views I want to transfer do not exist in
> MySQL yet. In DTS designer I created the connections to SQL server and
> MySQL server without problems, then tried to use "Data Transform Task" to
> transfer, the problem I have, "Data Transform Task" tries to map tables
> from SQL Server to the tables in MySQL, that defies my whole purpose.
> Please help! I am using SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment