Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Newbie question about SQL Server 2005

Hi,

I have a very newbie question.

I have been only developing websites locally on my computer (during my learning curve) and never actually put anything up in a server on internet, but I just bought a server from discountasp.net and an extra SQL 2005 Database.

Now I need to put my database on that server (copy the local one) I know I have a connection string and username and password. But I really do not have any ideas how to do this.

I would appreciate if you tell me where to start and what I should do at this stage.

Thank you and have a good day.

Use SQL Server 2005 Management Studio to connect to your databse on server. And after that you can import the databse from local database.|||Thank you, but is there any tutorials explaining this in more detail ?|||

Hi,

This tutorial might prove useful on the issue of migrating databases:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188032.aspx

Cheers

|||

The tutorial may help.

http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/050907-1.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment