Monday, March 26, 2012

Newbie question - Getting the headcount at the beginning of the year using OpeningPeriod

Hello,

Here's a newbie question that I am having a heck of a time figuring out...

I want to return only the balance at the begining of the year. My time dimension has a hierarchy as follows:
-Fiscal Year
--Month
Period

I then created (from the template) a Calculated Member that does return the number. However, as you can see, it is only from Fiscal Year 2006, the first period (Period Number = 1)

Aggregate
(
OPENINGPERIOD([Dim Row Date Vw].[FiscalYear - EnglishMonth].[Period Number],
[Dim Row Date Vw].[FiscalYear - EnglishMonth].[FiscalYear].&[2006].&[1]),
[Measures].[ACTIVE]
)

How do I change this so it pulls from the first period for each year, at the beginning of that year?

Thank you for the help.

If you are using AS2005 EE, you may consider using semiadditive measure aggregation function FirstChild which should do exactly what you need.|||

Mosha,

Thank you for the information. I do have AS2005 EE, but how exactly do I use a semiaditive measure to get the count of just Period Number 1 from each year?

I thought that the semiadditive would still add up each Period, so I don't know exactly how to refer to just the Period Number 1.

Thank you for the help.

|||Just change the AggregationFunction of the measure from Sum to FirstChild - and this should be enough. It won't add up along Periods, but will return the first day for the current period.|||

Something so simple, of course I didn't see it.

Thank you so much for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment